I am an Associate Professor (PhD) of Physics Department in the Faculty of Sciences at Istanbul University.
Address : İstanbul University,
Faculty of Sciences
Department of Physics
34134 Fatih, İstanbul, Turkey
Room Number: D-208 Physics building
Telephone:+90 212 455 57 00 / 15270(ext)
– Prof.Dr.Murray Gell-Mann, Santa Fe Institute (working on nonlinear dynamics)
– Prof.Dr.Nihat Ay, Santa Fe Institute (working on information theory and complexity)
– Prof.Dr.Christian Beck, Queen Mary University of London (working on superstatistical models)
My research interests are in nonlinear dynamics, and statistical physics of complex systems, including mathematical modelling of complex systems and interdisciplinary applications.
I am Scientific Coordinator of Nonlinear Science Working Group (www.non-linearscience.org)
- Council Member of the Complex Systems Society (https://cssociety.org/)
- International Organizing Committee Member of Conference on Complex Systems-2019, 30 September-4 October 2019.
- Member of the Network of Asian Complexity Scientists, Nanyang Technological University, Complexity Institute, Singapore.
- Editor in Physics of “Istanbul University, Science Faculty the Journal of Mathematics, Physics and Astronomy”.
1) İstanbul University, Faculty of Sciences, Department of Physics, İstanbul, (1998-2002).
2) Anadolu University, Faculty of Open Education, Department of Business Administration, Turkey (2006-2010).
1) Yildiz Technical University, Faculty of Education, Educational Sciences, İstanbul, Turkey (2002-2003). “Orta Öğretim Fen ve Matematik Alan Öğretmenliği” (Formation in Science and Mathematics Teaching)
2) İstanbul University, Faculty of Science, Department of Physics, Istanbul, Turkey (2002-2005).
Master Thesis titled “Chaotic Physical Systems and Strange Attractors”,
Supervisor: Prof. Dr. K.Gediz Akdeniz, İstanbul University.
İstanbul University, Faculty of Science, Department of Physics, Istanbul, Turkey (2005-2010).
Ph.D. Thesis titled “Time Series Analysis and q-Statistics Applicability in the Study of Disordered Electrical Conductivity in Polymers”
Supervisor-I: Prof. Dr. K.Gediz Akdeniz, İstanbul University
Supervisor-II: Prof.Dr. Yani Skarlatos, Bosphorus University